Last night Kye and I had a small dinner. We had individual Shepherds Pie. I tweaked the recipe I had so I didn't have MASSIVE leftovers. It was really good!
3-4 medium sized potatoes
1/2 # hamburger
a handful of baby carrots chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 cup peas
2 T butter
2 T flour
1 can beef broth
2 t Worcestershire sauce
Boil potatoes in large sauce pot until tender, drain and mash with a touch of milk, butter, salt and pepper
While potatoes boil, preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil to hot pan with beef or lamb. Season meat with salt and pepper. Brown and crumble meat for 3 or 4 minutes. If you are using lamb and the pan is fatty, spoon away some of the drippings. Add chopped carrot and onion to the meat. Cook veggies with meat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. In a second small skillet over medium heat cook butter and flour together 2 minutes. Whisk in broth and Worcestershire sauce. Thicken gravy 1 minute. Add gravy to meat and vegetables. Stir in peas.
Preheat broiler to high. Fill a small rectangular casserole with meat and vegetable mixture. Spoon potatoes over meat evenly. Broil 6 to 8 inches from the heat until potatoes are evenly browned.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I tried to make the pumpkin cookies, but I couldn't find a gingerbread cake mix with a cookie recipe in it - any hints as to a brand?
Also I tried some divine coconut macarrons that were a cinch to make!
I'll forward you the recipie.
Post a Comment