Wednesday, October 29, 2008

WANTED: TESORO ISLAND CHICKEN

Kye and I were fortunate to go to Disneyland last spring. We ate at a Restaurant called the Blue Bayou and I got chicken that was SOOO good. Of course the only problem is that I want it now. Online it has this description from the menu: Tesoro Island Chicken — blackened, roasted and finished to perfection in pan au jus. Now. I know the roasting part, I can get that off of http://www.foodtv.com/ (my favorite site). But my problem is coming up with the pan au jus. It's not the french dip stuff, it was kind of creamy and not so brown, it was like a chicken sauce. This is what it looked like




It was served with Au Gratin potatoes, and Asparagus, which I never ate, but I think buttered broccoli would be just as nice.


Now, what I'm asking for is suggestions to get this made, and shared. The chicken was tender, no doubt from roasting for hours. Like I said, my problem is the "Au jus". Hope to hear from you! I'll share as soon as I have some idea.... Hmmm put on our thinking caps...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can give you my opinion on it - although I may be way way off. I would imagine that they just deglazed the pan with some heavy cream and some broth. Just an idea.